Best Time for Disney World, Orlando Attractions
Many of our guests wonder as to when is the best time to visit Disney area theme parks and attractions in Orlando, Florida. Generally, periods in early winter, late spring, late summer and most of the fall dates are considered to be low season. Other periods of the year, such as late winter, early spring, including dates around Easter holiday, dated between June and August are of higher demand. In addition to these seasonal factors, you may want to keep in mind the following facts and decide as to what is the best time for you. (It is your vacation after all).
We all visit Disney for the sake of our kids even though, guests of all ages can have great fun at the many theme parks that Orlando area has to offer. You best time to travel depends on whether or not you are traveling with school-aged kids. Generally speaking, the parks are packed when the schools are out. That translates into higher rates for vacation villas as well as long queues at the attractions within each park. At the end, you get done less for more money. Not a winner! However, what choice do you have if the kids are in school and cannot be pulled out for a whole week? Well, at least you are saving by renting a villa as opposed to stepping into a cramped hotel room.
In fact, even our villa rates also follow the crowds. Busy seasons of the year are priced higher than the slow seasons. So, if at all possible try to make a reservation for non-peak seasons and you can save hundreds of dollars and visit more attractions in less time. At the same time, if you want to celebrate the New Years Eve at the parks you can do that too.
If you are not traveling with school-aged children, you should consider planning your vacation during the lowest attendance periods, which are:
- January second week to the week prior to Presidents' Week in February.
- Between week after Labor Day and the week before Thanksgiving.
- The week following Thanksgiving until mid-December.
Peak Attendance periods are:
- Presidents' Day week in February (3rd Monday in February)
- Mid-March through Late April ("School is out - Spring Break")
- Memorial Day weekend (Last Monday in May)
- Mid-June through Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Thanksgiving Day and the following weekend (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Christmas week (December 25th) through New Year's Day.
To review a list of all US holidays, please check our "List of US Holidays and Celebrations".
The following graph shows the average temperatures and the average number of guests who attend Disney World parks by month.